CUSD shall enroll at any time any resident pupil who applies for enrollment into the school district.
CUSD gives enrollment preference to and reserves capacity for all of the following:
- Resident pupils.
- Pupils returning to school from the prior year.
- Siblings of pupils already enrolled.
CUSD also provides enrollment preference to children who:
- Are in foster care.
- Meet the definition of unaccompanied youth prescribed in the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (P.L. 100-77; 101 Stat. 482; 42 United States Code Section 11434a).
- Attend a school that is closing.
If a school remains open as part of a boundary change and capacity is available, students assigned to a new attendance area may stay enrolled in their current school.
CUSD may give enrollment preference to and reserve capacity for all of the following:
- Pupils who are children of persons who are employed by or at a school in the School District.
- Resident transfer pupils and their siblings.
- Pupils who meet additional criteria established and published by the School District Governing Board.
Except as provided in A.R.S. 15-816.01, a school that is operated by a school district may not limit admission based on any of the following:
- Ethnicity or race.
- National origin.
- Income level.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Athletic ability.
There is no cost to enroll.